[Kolab-devel] Greyfiltering in Kolab 2.2?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Oct 12 15:45:24 CEST 2007

Jørgen Hermanrud Fjeld <jhf at linpro.no> writes:

> Hi
>
> I created the patches in issue 1548.
> Some comments below.
>
> On 2007-10-07 16:54:34, Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
>> Christian Funke wrote:
>> > I have a question regarding greylisting for the next kolab release,
>> > in issue 1548 there is a discussion to inegrate the postgrey filter
>> > into the next kolab release with accompanying patches. I would really
>> > love to see that integrated since it is a very usefull addition to
>> > fighting spam which i had to integrate by hand in the recent releases.
>> >
>> Imho greylisting should be configurable by the system administrator
>> because it could break some specific email systems configurations.
>>
>> I would suggest you to submit:
>> - Patches for kolabd (to enable/disable the functionality by looking at a specific ldap flags)
> This was included in my patches.
>
>> - Template customization for postfix main.cf / master.cf
> This was included in my patches.
>
>> - Template for postgrey configuration files
> Not needed, it is only running on standard port.
>
>> - Log management of postgrey (where to write the logs)
> This is the responsibility of the OpenPKG package, and is orthogonal to
> the patches.
>
>> - Startup / Shutdown / Log rotate scripts for postgrey
> This is the responsibility of the OpenPKG package, and is orthogonal to
> the patches.
> I have also included code so kolabd will correctly start/stop postgresql
> on configuration change.
>
>> - Obmtool.conf and kolab installa script customization to integrate postgrey
> This was included in my patches.
>
>> - PHP patches for Webadmin (in order to enable/disable the functionality)
> This was included in my patches.
>
>> Gunnar, Bernard, are those kind of submissions enought?
> The last discussions in "https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1548"
> are with regard to:
> * The order of stanzas in smtpd_recipient_restrictions.
> * The possibility of editing the hosts used for greylisting in the
>   web-ui.
>
> I have not yet had time to make an improved patch set that adresses
> these issues, and the patch is probably not accepted without fixing
> them.

One reason for not having this in Kolab yet might also be the time
constraints on the side of the developers :)

But don't worry greylisting is certainly also on my todo list and I
also would like to have this in Kolab2/Gentoo.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> --
> Jørgen H. Fjeld
> System Architect
> Infrastructure
> Linpro AS - www.linpro.no

Tel.   : +49 40 432 72335                           Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 40 432 70855                            D-20146 Hamburg