[Kolab-devel] Horde preferences: LDAP or IMAP?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Oct 3 23:08:47 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch 03 Oktober 2007 schrieb Jan Schneider:

Hi Jan,

> How about using SQLite? You don't need to install a database daemon,
> and can use the SQL preference driver.

IMHO this is a reasonable question. I guess that it would required another
build dependency (sqlite) which was not present before. This would definetely
be a disadvantate.

On the other hand I have very good experiences with sqlite in several smaller
projects. I also prefer plain SQL to the berkley db syntax. Sqlite is small
but mature. The risks involved in using sqlite are maybe smaller compared to
the IMAP preferences driver.

But the point raised by Gunnar about backup and general storage strategy is
imho really strong.

In the end I must admit that I currently lack a final opinion.

Regards,
-- martin

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23 Stuttgart - Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126