[Kolab-devel] purging events in resource calendars

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 21:09:20 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2007 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007 19:01, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > >
> > > Contributions are always welcome!
> >
> > Hm, Kolab currently uses PHP and Python for scripting. I'm really unsure
> > if it were good to introduce Ruby just for this one script.
>
> Well it is a useful script. If you are willing to publish it under a Free
> Software license - by all means, you should do it. :)

Okay, I will prepare everything and post it somewhen at the weekend.

> You are right in that we need a way to automatically clear Resource
> calenders or so. Can you make an issue wish for it?

I will do so tomorrow.

> Also there usually are email coming into the resource accounts,
> so whatever we do, it might be interesting to notify somebody.
>
> The envisoned way of using it was that there is always a person responsible
> for an account (e.g. for a resource account for a room).
> This person would have the account configured and check it from time to
> time to see if there have been emails that the system did not process.
> While doing this, the cleanup of old appointments can be done.

You're right. One of our room resource accounts has an email in the inbox. I
don't have a solution at hand other than somebody cleaning that up. I think
that's okay for the inbox, but for the calender I prefer an automatism.

Andreas
--
Kindermode Online - Fashion for Kids
http://www.theofeel.de