[Kolab-devel] Handling of default groupware folders within Kolab clients

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun May 13 22:46:53 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag 08 Mai 2007 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:

Hi Gunnar,

> >> Ah, great.
> >
> > No, this is not great but plain broken!
>
> I thought about this again and you are right. I'll try to change this in
> Horde.

Good.

> I read the section and it mentions the requirement for a default
> folder in a similar way the IMAP section in the format specification

> It should be made clear that each client must be able to handle a
> situation where there is NO groupware folder of a given type present
> at all. In that case the desired action would be to create a default
> folder for the missing groupware folder type ("desired" not
> "required"). But once there exist folders of a given groupware type or
> a first such folder is being created, the client MUST ensure that the
> requirements for a default folder of this groupware type are matched
> as given by the format specification.
>
> Is that view correct?

Yes I agree and actually the default gw folder MUST belong to the user. (So a
default user which belongs to another user or a public folder does not count)

It is recommended but not mandatory that the default folders are top level
folders.

Regards,
-- martin konold

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23 Stuttgart - Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126