[Kolab-devel] [issue1722] Toltec: Certain UTF-8 encoded emails messed up

Szombathelyi György kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu May 10 11:55:00 CEST 2007

New submission from Szombathelyi György <gyurco at freemail.hu>:

With Toltec Connector, certain mails, which are UTF-8 encoded are messed up,
basically displayed/synchronized back as ISO8859-1. I'll attach two emails, one
produced by Squirrelmail, one by Thunderbird. When Toltec fetches these from the
IMAP server (not by POP3, but with the sync function, because I placed them to a
sub-folder via other mail client), the two-byte characters are messed up. After
they synchronized back (e.g. when I moved to other folder), the encoding info
also changed from UTF-8 to ISO8859-1.

messages: 10476
nosy: gyurco
status: unread
title: Toltec: Certain UTF-8 encoded emails messed up