[Kolab-devel] Handling of default groupware folders within Kolab clients

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue May 8 08:08:19 CEST 2007

"Joon Radley" <joon at radleys.co.za> writes:

> Hi Martin,
>
>> No, this is not great but plain broken!
>>
>> The main point is that folders not only have a folder-type like
>> mail,calendar,
>> notes and contacts but also define which folders are the default
>> folders.
>> There must exist exactly _one_ default folder for each type. This
>> folder must be owned by the user and typically resides in the top
>> level hierarchy just below INBOX.
>
> Funny that this is broken as you describe the exactly what is done. When a
> default folder is encountered it is used as the default folder for that
> object type. This means that there will only be one default folder of each
> type in each account.
>
> So could you please explain where the implementation is "plain broken".

Maybe I did not describe the current Horde situation well enough:

Right now I am able to create a global, shared groupware folder with
the Type "notes" in the Kolab web admin.

If a user logs in via Horde for the first time now, the web client
will detect this global share and accept it as the only groupware
folder of type "notes". A default groupware folder of type "notes",
owned by the user, will NOT be created in that case.

And I think that was what Martin saw as broken.

Cheers,

Gunnar