[Kolab-devel] clearer warning to change the template

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Mar 22 15:19:11 CET 2007

Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> writes:

> On Wednesday 21 March 2007 11:14, Alain Spineux wrote:
>> I thing the disclaimer must pop up in front of the user head !
>
> I agree that we can make this more clear.
> Swifting the warning to the top is fine with me.
> Repeating it is not something I like, because I want all files
> as small as possible. This is important that the readers takes us serious.
>
> In addition I suggest that we add a marker (macro) for the warning
> which kolabconf will replace to kolabconf.
> Then we can control the placement.
>
> The advantage of this is that the warning actually will only be in the
> written configuration file itself.
>
> Gunnar: Do you like taking care of this minor improvement?

Sure, though I'd assume this is a 2.1 thing since I'd need to modify
perl-kolab.

In the long run I'd like to modify perl-kolab so that it detects
manual modifications to config files. In such cases it should ensure
that the modified files get saved somewhere and the user receives a
clear warning.

But for now I'll do the warning. I'll open an issue for this.

https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1671

Cheers,

Gunnar