[Kolab-devel] [issue1671] Improving the warning about kolab templates within configuration files

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Mar 22 15:18:48 CET 2007

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

>From http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2007-March/006710.html:

I agree that we can make this more clear.
Swifting the warning to the top is fine with me.
Repeating it is not something I like, because I want all files
as small as possible. This is important that the readers takes us serious.

In addition I suggest that we add a marker (macro) for the warning
which kolabconf will replace to kolabconf.
Then we can control the placement.

The advantage of this is that the warning actually will only be in the
written configuration file itself.

>From http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2007-March/006694.html:

I like your suggestion and I agree that it could be made somewhat
clearer though I'd prefer something like

#===============================================================================
#
#        THIS FILE IS AUTOMATICALLY WRITTEN BY THE KOLAB CONFIG BACKEND
#
#             MANUAL ADDITIONS ARE LOST UNLESS MADE TO THE TEMPLATE
#
#                  /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/main.cf.template
#
#                        IN THE KOLAB CONFIG DIRECTORY
#
made manually in configuration files, but not in the original template ...

Maybe, configurations file should contains _MORE_ aggressive mentions about
that !

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 10051
nosy: alain.spineux at gmail.com, bernhard, thomas, wrobel
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Improving the warning about kolab templates within configuration files
topic: server