[Kolab-devel] [issue1666] A different way of handling service restarts

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Mar 21 22:31:55 CET 2007

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

Currently perl-kolab handles service restarts in a very distribution specific
way (see perl-kolab/Kolab/Kolab.pm.in).

The init used system by different distributions can vary I would like to modify
the corresponding code so that it uses an intermediate wrapper script that will
handle the distribution specific details.

If this script is provided by the kolabd package we would have all distribution
specific features collected in just this one package and the other pacakges
would be rather distribution independant.

The proposed patch for perl-kolab/Kolab/Kolab.pm.in is attached.

I will also attach the corresponding service restart scripts for Kolab on
OpenPKG and Gentoo. Both could be placed into the distribution specific
directories I propose in issue1665

assignedto: wrobel
files: service_restarts.patch
messages: 10024
nosy: bernhard, mhuewe, rbos, steffen, thomas, wrobel
priority: feature
status: unread
title: A different way of handling service restarts
topic: server