[Kolab-devel] A reminder about merges to us package maintainers (OpenPKG, Suse, Gentoo, Debian etc.)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Mar 16 08:54:33 CET 2007

Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux at gmx.de> writes:
> I think this is a step into the right direction. If the other patches (at
> least the remaining cyrus-imapd patches) will be accepted upstream there
> won't be a major problem to ship kolab with some distributions:) IMHO.

Would be nice to have the cyrus patches in, indeed. Since there are so
many for imapd I did try to go for the easier single-patch targets
though :)

So I inquired about the status of the c-client patch
(http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/pipermail/imap-uw/2007-March/001203.html)
since inclusion of the ANNOTATEMORE patch would mean that we can also
get the corresponding annotation function in PHP. And having a patched
PHP version is something I'd also like to get rid of ;)

The c-client author directed me further upstream to the current
ANNOTATEMORE (now METADATA) draft:

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore/

So the problem is somewhat more difficult in that case. I assume that
there are not that many options to speed up the release of a RFC? Or
does somebody know if there is something we can do about the status of
the draft?

Cheers,

Gunnar