[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 - Possibile DOS?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 14 19:19:01 CET 2007

On Saturday 27 January 2007 10:02, gelpi at corona.it wrote:
> I change /dev/random with /dev/urandom as indicated in the wiki document
> above, but it does not solve my problem.

You should never do this, as it potentially degrades encryption quality.

Have you gotten close to the source of the problems?
I suspect that db4 or openldap can be the culprits.
One thing you could try is to build db4 without optimising flags,
compare http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Installation_on_Debian_ppc

Bernhard