[Kolab-devel] web groupware

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Mar 12 10:22:00 CET 2007

Hi Jan,

>> 4) The cache that is now based on Horde::VFS
>
> - Without looking at the code, is there a reason not to cache on the
> IMAP level with the IMAP_Cache class?

I'm not 100% certain at the moment. The Kolab server features a
specific PHP patch that provides the command imap_status_current that
helps with caching. I'll have to reconsider how that fits into the
IMAP_Cache scheme and maybe I come up with an IMAP solution that is
simpler than what we currently have.

The cache solution that was provided by Thomas does not do any IMAP
caching at the moment. It caches after the XML has been processed into
a hash that is then stored.

> - The cache code, if not using IMAP_Cache, should at least use
> Horde_Cache, not VFS directly. If you really require VFS as the cache
> backend for some reason, you should write a VFS driver for the
> Horde_Cache API.

Indeed it should. I'll fix that.

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers,