[Kolab-devel] web groupware

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Mar 12 09:42:59 CET 2007

Hi Thomas,

> The installation of Horde HEAD took me longer than I thought,
> my PEAR installation was messed up. Looks like it's working now.
> But I have to do more testing on Monday. As soon as I'm ready,
> I'll contact you so we can coordinate the work.

I did complete a first step and converted your code so that it fits
into Horde CVS. This is only a draft and still has a number of
significant bugs. But the base structure should be ok. I did focus on
making it Horde compliant and in the process probably violated some
critical design elements that went into your caching code. So maybe
you could check it and patch it so that it works as you designed it.

The current modifications basically have four different elements:

1) The IMAP driver that chooses between PEAR/Net-IMAP and c-client

2) The code to switch the communication between the groupware apps and
   the Kolab module to hashes

3) The XML handlers for the different applications and the
   corresponding kolab drivers within the Groupware applications.

4) The cache that is now based on Horde::VFS

I would like to submit each of the parts as a seperate patch (besides
point 3 that would be again splitted up to the four groupware
applications) in the order given above.

The code is available over anonymous svn at

https://svn.pardus.de/kolab/horde-cvs/framework/Kolab

Do you think this goes in the right direction?

Cheers,

Gunnar