[Kolab-devel] [issue1638] kolabconf generates broken resmgr.conf

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Mar 5 14:36:13 CET 2007

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

On our 2.1-rc1 server, I just noticed something disturbing: When I edit
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/resmgr.conf.template and run kolabconf afterwards,
the resulting file /kolab/etc/resmgr/resmgr.conf contains the lines:

[...]
// Should we make sure that the sender and From header match for mail
// that origins on this server?
$params['verify_from_header'] = (''=='TRUE');

// Should the Sender: header be used over From: if present?
$params['allow_sender_header'] = (''=='TRUE');

// Should reject messages with From headers that dont match
// the envelope? Default is to rewrite the header
$params['reject_forged_from_header'] = (''=='TRUE');
[...]

I'm pretty certain that this is not correct and in fact might be related to the
problem I reported on the mailinglist
(http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2007-March/006035.html). Our server
started off as beta2, went to beta3 and from there to rc1, all with upgrades as
described in the relevant docs.

UPDATE: I just went to the webadmin interface -> Services tab and clicked on
"Update" next to "Mail Filter Settings" as it just dawned on me that the
variable mentioned above have soemthing to do with these settings. Now,
resmgr.conf reads:

[...]
// Should we make sure that the sender and From header match for mail
// that origins on this server?
$params['verify_from_header'] = ('FALSE'=='TRUE');

// Should the Sender: header be used over From: if present?
$params['allow_sender_header'] = ('FALSE'=='TRUE');

// Should reject messages with From headers that dont match
// the envelope? Default is to rewrite the header
$params['reject_forged_from_header'] = ('FALSE'=='TRUE');
[...]

Changed, but still wrong, I suppose...

messages: 9859
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: kolabconf generates broken resmgr.conf
topic: kolab-2.1, server