[Kolab-devel] [issue1817] Make template more modular, store more info in the kolab header

Alain Spineux kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jun 28 15:15:52 CEST 2007

New submission from Alain Spineux <alain.spineux at gmail.com>:

The idea is to create its own template without the need of code change.
For example specify which service to restart or commande to run when the
configuration file change.

Gunnar inform me that the option RUNONCHANGE is new in the CVS.
Anyway he liked some ideas, here is my original post

The idea is to be able to add a services to kolab without changing perl code but
taking benefice of kolab template.
This is what I did with a Before Queue Filtering for postfix.

I made my own configuration  template, but a kolabconf don't restart my new
service when it update my configuration :-(

It could be useful to change the KOLAB_META tag in templates to include relevant
information
about what to do when the configuration change

Here is the postfix header

KOLAB_META_START
TARGET=/kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf
PERMISSIONS=0644
OWNERSHIP=kolab-n:kolab-r
KOLAB_META_END

Include something like

SERVICE=postfix
UPDATE=service:restart
MESSAGE=Postfix is restarting

or

SERVICE=postfix
UPDATE=cmd:/kolab/sbin/postfix reload
MESSAGE=Postif reload its configuration

maybe include a PRIORITY to know in which order to restart all the changed
services ...

That could make kolab more "plugins ready" :-)

Regards

messages: 11093
nosy: alain.spineux at gmail.com
status: unread
title: Make template more modular, store more info in the kolab  header