[Kolab-devel] something is not good about kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Jun 27 22:24:54 CEST 2007

Hi Richard!

> something is not good about kolab "At present no "adequate" open-source-based
> groupware product was being offered, she declared; hence it had not been
> possible to opt for one":
> http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/91844

Groupware products are very complex software products. Politics are
even more complex. I find it hard to deduce "that we do something
wrong" from this single political decisionn :)

I would always second the idea that Kolab could improve in terms of
marketing. The only groupware alternative worth mentioning alongside
MS Exchange often seems to be Open-Xchange. Which is sad since its
architecture is so inferior to the Kolab structures. But then again
they have a shiny web frontend which is probably worth some points :)

Cheers,

Gunnar