[Kolab-devel] [issue1810] Impossible *NOT* to create CA and certificates when runnning kolabconf

Jogchum Reitsma kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sat Jun 23 15:26:27 CEST 2007

New submission from Jogchum Reitsma <j.reitsma at hccnet.nl>:

Running kolabconf -n, I said no to the next question:

Do you want to create CA and certificates [y] (y/n):

No error messages appear, and kolaconf finishes just fine. But on starting

kolabsrv rc all start

these console messages appear:

Starting ldap-serverstartproc:  exit status of parent of
/usr/lib/openldap/slapd: 1
                                                                      failed
ERROR: /etc/init.d/ldap start failed
Run: /usr/sbin/kolab rc all stop
to stop all services

Running /usr/lib/openldap/slapd with debug param (-d 1) revealed that
/etc/kolab/key.pem
was missing - indeed, I didn't want it...

Running kolabconf again, and now answering y to the above question makes

kolabsrv rc all start

starting slapd without problem.

But it should be possible to *not* create a CA I think.

messages: 11028
nosy: jehojakim
status: unread
title: Impossible *NOT* to create CA and certificates when runnning kolabconf