[Kolab-devel] New Horde web client finished

Chuck Dand chuckd at kooked.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 12:27:15 CEST 2007

Thomas Jarosch wrote:
>>> Great! Toltec won't be able to parse the data generated by Horde until
>>> you apply the patch from here: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5442
>> Am I correct in thinking that you're suggesting that after applying this
>> patch contact and calendar items created in Horde should be able to be
>> parsed and hence visible when using Toltec?
>>
>> I've applied the patch and created a few test contacts and calendar
>> items yet they have not appeared in toltec.
>
> That was the idea. If it's not working try to create an "empty" contact,
> open the IMAP folder with a normal mail client and post me the XML data of the
> contact. The xml data should have a "contact version="1.0"> in the root node.

Okay created a contact with only firstname and surname. The contents of
the file in the imap spool are:

From: pfadmin at pf
To: pfadmin at pf
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:57:35 +0100
Subject: 7ac19494aa5fd13fe30b4335ad73553e

This message is in MIME format.

--=_1pcf3twww1s0

This is a Kolab Groupware object. To view this object you will need an email
client that understands the Kolab Groupware format. For a list of such email
clients please visit http://www.kolab.org/kolab2-clients.html
--=_1pcf3twww1s0

<?xml version=3D"1.0"?>
<contact version=3D"1.0">
  <uid>7ac19494aa5fd13fe30b4335ad73553e</uid>
  <categories></categories>
  <creation-date>2007-06-14T09:57:35Z</creation-date>
  <last-modification-date>2007-06-14T09:57:35Z</last-modification-date>
  <sensitivity>public</sensitivity>
  <product-id>Horde::Kolab</product-id>
  <name>
    <given-name>Test</given-name>
    <last-name>User</last-name>
    <full-name>Test User</full-name>
  </name>
</contact>
--=_1pcf3twww1s0--

I can see straight away that the root node version line doesn't appear
to be quite correct as it has an extra "3D" on the line, where could
this be coming from?

> You could also try another Kolab Outlook connector to see if it works:
> http://www.konsec.com/en/products/konnektor.html

Have worked with the Konsec connector in the past whilst testing horde's
abilities in late summer last year. Although I was quite impressed with
Konsec, its cost put me off using it, with Toltec being cheaper it is of
preference.

Regards.

--
Chuck Dand