[Kolab-devel] How to setup you Kolab development environment (based on OpenPKG)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Jul 27 15:51:48 CEST 2007

Hi!

I updated the instructions for getting your own CVS-based development
environment for the Kolab-Server:

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Beta_testing

So far I never had a "real" OpenPKG development environment and
preferred to develop on my Kolab2/Gentoo systems. But the new
Kolab-Server-2.2 branch provides an improved OpenPKG build
environment and I feel this facilitates the setup of a development
environment for the Kolab server.

The method I suggest in the wiki page should give a specific
development environment that you can use to create your own Kolab
Server source distributions and a testing environment that you can use
to check your modifications. This test environment can also be used to
build binary distributions that you can easily install on compatible
machines.

The page is still rather fresh as well as my changes to Kolab CVS in
order to make it work as I described it. So expect a bumpy ride if you
want to try it.

In any case I hope it becomes less complex for other developers to
generate their own development environment.

Feedback and corrections welcome!

Cheers,

Gunnar