[Kolab-devel] enlargement of kolab ldap schema for asp service

Thomas Börnert tb at tbits.net
Tue Jul 24 11:44:32 CEST 2007

Hi Bernhard,

> can you summarize the whole proposal of adding these attributes again?

we're using at the monent cyrus-imapd with the web-cyradm, which has
many improvments for isp services.

i want to modify the webfrontend of kolab for isp usage.
for example we're using pop3 accounts with the naming scheme
pop-<customernumber>-<index>.

1. domain maintainers (create/modify)

the customers should be able to administrate their domains with
the domain maintainer

1.1 new field "UIDPrefix"
for pop-<customernumer>

1.2 new field "Maximum Accounts"
(maxiumum accounts that can the domain maintainer create)

1.3 new field "Default Quota in MByte" for each account

1.4 new field "Quota for Domain in MBytes" for the hole domain

2. users menu (create/modify)

2.1 modify of the field UID
the UID-Prefix (1.1) will be used.

2.2 modify "User Quota in MBytes".
this field cannot be modified if a quota is defined in the domain
maintainer menu.

3 users summary

3.1 additional colums for used quota and last login.

> > Is that the right way ?
>
> I cannot say without knowing what the attributes do. :)

this discussion was that the best way is to use a generic
attribute.

> > And which id's can be used ?
>
> Kolab has a private OID branch, so we could aquire new oid numbers
> for attributes from there. This should be part of the plan.

Thanks

Thomas