[Kolab-devel] Integration of Kolab2 and Samba

Ingo Steuwer steuwer at univention.de
Mon Jul 23 13:44:42 CEST 2007

Am Samstag, 14. Juli 2007 21:25 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Freitag 13 Juli 2007 schrieb Ingo Steuwer:
>
> Hi,
>
> > > I tend to disagree as this would make Kolab independent on unix UID/GID
> > > but still allow to put Unix UID/GID info in the LDAP tree for legacy
> > > applications.
> >
> > "legacy applications" like KDE/Kontact?
>
> Where does KDE Kontact depend on legacy UID/GID info?

The initial intention of this thread was to implement a "Single Point of
Administration" with Kolab as directory, including desktop-users for both
windows and linux and Kontact as desktop-application. What I meant was, KDE
needs "full" Posix Accounts for users to log in; Kontact itself doesn't need
them for groupware-functionality.

Regards
Ingo Steuwer

Ingo Steuwer           Projektmanagement        steuwer at univention.de
Univention GmbH        Linux for your Business  fon: +49 421 22 232-43
Mary-Somerville-Str.1  28359 Bremen             fax: +49 421 22 232-99
                       http://www.univention.de