[Kolab-devel] [issue1779] SUMMARY kolab server 2.1 private/kolabpolicy: Socket operation or non-socket

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jul 18 11:45:47 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag 03 Juli 2007 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> I am no expert, but my guess is that sockets will be technically better
> so it should be kept for operating systems where they work.

Unix domain sockets are limited to local processes and use the filesystem
access controls. In theory (read if correctly implemented) they are also
faster than tcp or udp.

So I prefer unix domain sockets whe applicable.

Regards,
-- martin

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23 Stuttgart - Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126