[Kolab-devel] kolab_2_1_branch in CVS buildable from scratch again

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Jul 17 16:13:04 CEST 2007

Hello Kolab server developers!

With an installed Kolab 2.1.0 server you should be able to compile
all Kolab specific components from CVS now:

su - kolab
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at intevation.de:/home/kroupware/jail/kolabrepository \
  co -d server-kolab_2_1_branch -r kolab_2_1_branch server
cd server-kolab_2_1_branch
make

This is possible again since I've put the original source RPMs which
had to be downloaded from OpenPKG before on the Kolab ftp mirrors, e.g.:
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/kolab/server/development-2.1/openpkg-orig-srpms/
(the Makefiles will try to download from this location automatically)

Running 'make dist-horde' currently fails for me for at least two
reasons:
1. PEAR-Archive_Tar >= 1.3.2 is needed by PEAR-PEAR-1.4.11-1
   (but listed first in the Makefile)
2. PEAR-Archive_Tar isn't installable if compiled first, because it
   conflicts with some files contained in php:
   /kolab/lib/php/.registry/archive_tar.reg
   /kolab/lib/php/Archive/Tar.php
   /kolab/lib/php/doc/Archive_Tar/docs/Archive_Tar.txt

I haven't tried to use more --force at this point.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998