[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.2-beta1 based on OpenPKG-CURRENT, RFC for CVS

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Jul 9 13:05:55 CEST 2007

Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de> writes:

> * Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> [20070612 20:31]:
>> On Tuesday 12 June 2007 18:49, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
>> > Any comments or suggestions about this?
>>
>> I think we should try to do only stability and security fixed to 2.1.x
>> and move development to 2.2 and stabilise it quickly.
>> We might lose quite some energy merging otherwise.
>
> After discussing with Bernhard Reiter I think it would be ok to
> branch 2.1 now and continue developing 2.2 in HEAD.
>
> There have been a number of bug fixes after 2.1.0 so it might be
> good to have a stable 2.1.1 release soon, maybe next week, without
> the kolabAllowSMTPRecipient changes (kolab/issue1340) which I'll
> just revert manually in the 2.1 branch so they stay in HEAD.
>
> Gunnar, some questions for you:
>
> - Since I've moved the pear and horde directories into
>   subdirectories the webclient makefile needs to be corrected.
>   Should I wait with branching until you've done that?

I should be able to do that tomorrow or the day after that at the
latest. Then you have a working Makefile in both branches which would
be better.

> - How many of the new pear and horde packages will be needed to get
>   rid of the legacy horde code used for invitation handling in the
>   server?

Most of them. I would have to check in detail the next days but I
guess nearly all PEAR packages and definitely horde, horde-kronolith
and horde turba.

I'll let you know once I checked this.

Cheers,

Gunnar