[Kolab-devel] [issue1578] Kontact handles shared folders differently for DIMAP/IMAP

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Jan 25 13:49:11 CET 2007

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

Kontact proko2.1.5 on SuSE 10.0 (KDE 3.4.2, Qt 3.3.4):

Kontact (KMail) seemingly handles shared folders differently on DIMAP and IMAP
accounts. I've encountered the following problem:

- I've created a global shared folder "shared.spam". The mailadmin should be the
only one allowed to delete messages in this folder, all others should only be
allowed to add. Hence, mailadmin get "all" permissions and "anyone" gets "append".
- People with a DIMAP account can subscribe to this folder and add messages.
- People with an IMAP account (more precisely: split account, DIMAP for
groupware, IMAP for the rest) can NOT add messages to this folder (tried with
drag'n'drop and context menu) - for the IMAP account, "shared.spam" is greyed
out in the context menu and is also not allowed as a target for a drop.
- If I take a split account and subcribe to "shared.spam" in both the IMAP and
the DIMAP part, I can only add mails to it in the DIMAP part.
- If I change the permissions to "write" for "anyone", people with an IMAP
account *can* add mails - but then, everybody can also delete mails in that
folder, which is not desirable.

For some odd reason, KMail interprets "append" differently on an IMAP account
than on a DIMAP account.

messages: 9454
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Kontact handles shared folders differently for DIMAP/IMAP
topic: kde client