[Kolab-devel] Moving Kolab to the current Horde version

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jan 16 12:28:42 CET 2007

Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux at gmx.de> writes:

>> So I think I could either create a new branch within kolab-cvs or I
>> create two new experimental packages horde-framework and horde-fbview
>> (or horde-kronolith) and modify my patches for the
>> kolab-resource-handlers and kolab-webadmin so that they will work with
>> both the new and the old horde code base.
>>
> I would vote for a new branch because then we can be sure that the new patches
> won't harm anything in the current main branch. After the release of 2.1 the
> changes can be moved to normal kolab tree. That's the easiest solution IMHO.

I finished converting kolab-horde-fbview to the CVS Horde Kronolith
version (fbview is a reduced version of kronolith). This means that I
will now create the new OpenPKG package definitions that will allow to
replace kolab-horde-framework with the current Horde libraries from
CVS and adapt the other php packages to this change.

It is certainly not possible to play around with Kolab CVS HEAD at the
moment so a branch would be the better solution. But since I will also
need to release rpms I considered doing all that in a completely
separate subversion repository. This will be a temporary solution
anyhow for the people eager to get a webmail for their server. So I
considered it might be easier if I do not tamper at all with Kolab CVS
at the moment and just prepare the changes on my own servers.

Anyone opposed to that? I'll start working on the definition this week
so make your voice heard early :)

Cheers,

Gunnar