[Kolab-devel] Moving Kolab to the current Horde version

Marcus Hüwe suse-tux at gmx.de
Thu Jan 11 16:14:24 CET 2007

Hi Gunnar,

On 2007-01-11 09:52:38 +0100, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> as mentioned before the current Kolab code uses an older Horde
> version. I did work towards updating Kolab to the newest Horde code
> (http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Horde).
>
> This project is nearly finished now. There are only a few patches
> necessary to get Kolab specific fbview functionality ported to current
> horde but the larger part of this has also been done.

This sounds great!

<SNIP>

> So I think I could either create a new branch within kolab-cvs or I
> create two new experimental packages horde-framework and horde-fbview
> (or horde-kronolith) and modify my patches for the
> kolab-resource-handlers and kolab-webadmin so that they will work with
> both the new and the old horde code base.

I would vote for a new branch because then we can be sure that the new patches
won't harm anything in the current main branch. After the release of 2.1 the
changes can be moved to normal kolab tree. That's the easiest solution IMHO.

Btw. are these patches already available?:)

Marcus