[Kolab-devel] ToDo for Kolab Server 2.1 RC1

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Wed Jan 10 10:42:04 CET 2007

Sascha Wilde <wilde at intevation.de> writes:

This is a short status update on the issues I announced here, which
must be fixed for 2.1.  If you like to contribute to Kolab please
consider these issues, they have the highest priority!

> kolab/issue1531 (amavisd.conf local_domains only contains primary domain)
>
>   This needs some in depth testing.  If you want to work on this,
>   please read the comments in the issue carefully, create a meaning full
>   testcase and write a detailed test protocol for the results of your test.

This still needs some testing...

> kolab/issue1487 (amavisd.conf mynetworks incomplete)
>
>   Needs to be fixed.  If you want to work on this, please note the
>   proposed (though untested) solutions.  A documented and tested patch
>   would be great!

Steffen checked in a fix.  Now a documented test would be needed...

> kolab/issue666 (fbview shows some events at the wrong time)
>
>   I'm not sure is this is still an issue in 2.1.  If you want to work
>   on this, you have to carefully read all the comments on the issue
>   and test if any of the problems do still exist 2.1beta3.
>
>   If so, a solution is needed.  A documented and tested patch
>   would be great!

Bernhard reported that this is still an issue.  Anyone interested in
working on a solution?

> kolab/issue942 (2.0.1 broken when updating: postfix relayhost
> parameter syntax changed in ver 2.2)
>
>   I'm not sure is this is still an issue in 2.1.  If you want to work
>   on this, you have to carefully read all the comments on the issue
>   and test if any of the problems do still exist 2.1beta3.

Achim reported, that this is fixed in 2.1beta3, but I would very much
appreciate a documented test of some of the less common use cases...

> kolab/issue1507 (Public viewable phpinfo() and more in Server default installation)
>
>   Knowledge of RPM and the upgrade process is needed here.  And the
>   access restrictions proposed by Steffen need testing.  As always:
>   well tested and documented patches would be highly appreciated.  :-)

Two things are still needed:
- A Documented Test (especially of the access restricting, _try_ to
  circumvent them!)
- A solution for the upgrade process to remove the offensive files
  from an older installation.

Cheers and big thanks to all contributors,
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                 Intevation GmbH

wilde at intevation.de                          intevation at intevation.de
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/             http://www.intevation.de/