[Kolab-devel] [issue1548] Patches for better anti spam

Jørgen H. Fjeld kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Jan 2 23:29:35 CET 2007

New submission from =?iso-8859-1?q?J=F8rgen_H=2E?= Fjeld <jhf at linpro.no>:

I would like kolab out of the box to fight spam in a better manner.
To this end I have made some patches that does that:
* Use RBL to reject known spammers.
* Use greylisting to delay spammers.
* Have stricter requirementes for sender and receiver.

I hope to have this patch included into Kolab, which is why I have tried
to make it inobtrusive. Any feedback on changes is welcome.

The patches add some options kolab-webadmin to enable/disable the new
features, as well as to perl-kolab to act on those changes, and kolabd
to extend the ldap schema to store the settings for these features.

I addition the postgrey package is included for doing greylisting.

The patches are attached to this email, and the postgrey package is
available from OpenPKG, as well as here
"http://limacute.projects.linpro.no/browser/trunk/PKG/postgrey-1.27-2.20060801.src.rpm?format=raw".

Notice that the patches are against an installation of kolab 2 beta 3,
if you wish I will do them against cvs.

messages: 9202
nosy: jhf
status: unread