[Kolab-devel] How to switch off Kolab's anti-spoof?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 15 12:51:43 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 11:47, Thomas Black wrote:
> Kolab appears to have built in anti-spoof protection for users, so
> basically if you send mail from a kolab handled email address via an
> email relay to a kolab user, you get the following error:
>
> Sender address rejected: Invalid sender;
>
> Now, I realise that this is to protect users from spoofing, but how do
> you switch that off? In south Africa you very regularly have to send
> via mail relays and the business impact of doing this is much greater
> than the potential impact of a spoofed email address.

This seems to be a usage question,
which should be asked on the kolab-users list.
Please also specify which version of the server you are using.

The usual way of sending email from abroad
is to use smtps to the Kolab Server.

As Stephan said: There is enough power in the configuration files
and the polic daemons to change the current behaviour.