[Kolab-devel] php patch

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Thu Feb 8 22:46:18 CET 2007

Op woensdag 7 februari 2007 20:53, schreef Oden Eriksson:
> > What about the other php patches?
> > http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/php/
>
> I have patched our php versions 5.x and 4.x in Mandriva for several years
> now to add this functionality. What poses problems for us is more the total
> lack of LSB compliance.  We may have to ditch kolab for good due to the
> overhead involved of just maintaining it.

I can imagine, but AFAIK kolab is opensuse (and I think on Gentoo too) is very
much LSB compliant.  On opensuse and gentoo (and Clark Connect, btw) the
config files are just stored in /etc, the logs are in /var, and php is
somewhere /usr/lib/php (if I remember correctly).  But you need to use
the --with-dist configure option, to achieve this.  For more information use
the wiki:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_linux_distribution_integration#What_has_been_achieved

Of course you still need to patch imap, php and the like, but you become LSB
compliant ;)

--
Richard Bos
We are borroing the world of our children,