[Kolab-devel] Horde Development - call for co-ordination

Stephan Buys stephan at impi.org.za
Wed Feb 7 11:06:08 CET 2007

Hi Gunnar,

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 11:54, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> In the meantime I am starting to prepare rpms from the cvs source. As
> already mentioned on this list, there is a publicly accessible
> subversion repository at https://svn.pardus.de/kolab-horde-tmp that
> provides a first draft of Horde rpm specs. The resulting package rpms
> are currently available at
> http://build.pardus.de/downloads/kolab-horde-tmp. They can be
> installed now and I will post instructions here and on the wiki later
> today.
As discussed I will await your releases, we will then contribute against that
base. Perhaps if someone has Horde CVS access we could get a TAG to work
against?

> Concerning bug tracking:
>
> I would suggest to add a new "horde" topic to the kolab bug
> tracker. p at rdus currently collected horde specific bugs at
> http://bug.pardus.de but this is suboptimal since it is no central
> place. Another option would be the "Kolab" queue on the horde
> bugtracker (http://bugs.horde.org) but I think this is less obvious
> for the kolab users and also removes the Kolab devs as a filter for
> bugs.
>
> Is anyone of the kolab devs opposed to adding a "horde" topic to the
> bug tracker?

I think this is a good idea. The Kolab bug tracker has been the central
co-oridnation point for the Proko2 KDE client as well, so it makes sense in
that light. As good FLOSS users we can make sure that bugs are also submitted
upstream if they relate directly to Horde.

If there are no objections I can go ahead and create the Horde topic...

> We could also collect and discuss patches there before submitting them
> to the Horde team.
As above...

Regards,
Stephan