[Kolab-devel] [issue2358] mistmatch between cyrus-admins and cyrus-admin

Alain Spineux kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Dec 25 13:38:25 CET 2007

New submission from Alain Spineux <alain.spineux at gmail.com>:

Their is a mistmatch between cyrus-admins and cyrus-admin !

The first one is the _list_ of admin users cyrus know, as in field admin in
imapd.conf:
admins:                 @@@cyrus-admins|join( )@@@

The second one is the user name kolab use for administrative task, it is usually
"manager".
This one has a password and is included inside the first one.

To take care of these 2 distinct concepts, kolab should be updated!

Kolab.pm should be changed :

    # Cyrus admin account
-    $tempval = $config{'cyrus-admins'} || 'manager';
+    $tempval = $config{'cyrus-admin'} || 'manager';
    (my $cmanager, my $dummy) = split(/ /, $tempval, 2);
    $config{'cyrus_admin'} = $cmanager if (!exists $config{'cyrus_admin'});
    $config{'cyrus_admin_pw'} = $config{'bind_pw'} if (!exists
$config{'cyrus_admin_pw'});

and kolab.conf should add the cyrus-admin concept:

conn_refresh_period : 60
+ cyrus-admin : manager
cyrus-admins : manager
cyrus-autocreatequota : 100000

Maybe kolab need more change in other place to separate both concept !

My original problem was about kolabquotawarn not working because I had multiple
cyrs-admins definition
in my ldap database. It was trying to authenticate using an ARRAY.

messages: 13242
nosy: alain.spineux at gmail.com
priority: bug
status: unread
title: mistmatch between cyrus-admins and cyrus-admin