[Kolab-devel] [issue2350] Email from buggy Lotus notes client not accepted by Cyrus

Fabio Pietrosanti kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Dec 18 18:27:59 CET 2007

New submission from Fabio Pietrosanti <fp at khamsa.ch>:

Hi,

my users can't receive email from certain lotus notes clients.
The sender receive "554 5.6.0 Message contains invalid header" from our Kolab 2.1 server.

I found that it's a problem of a buggy email client that configure a blank message-id .

On the following link there is a workaround for this issue:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Macos-x-server/2005/May/msg01315.html

I suggest to add the workaround to the Kolab system for compatibility purpose.
The logic is:
If message-id is blank then remove it before passing the message to Cyrus trough LMTP .

messages: 13190
nosy: khamsa
status: unread
title: Email from buggy Lotus notes client not accepted by Cyrus