[Kolab-devel] Some postfix suggestion on Kolab (antispam, security, performance)

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Mon Dec 17 19:48:39 CET 2007

Fabio Pietrosanti ha scritto:
> Gelpi Andrea wrote:
>> Be careful using zen.spamhaus.org, it is not free for commercial use.
>> If you write something put a note on it.
>>
> It simply depend on the amount of query you do each day, not on the usage.

NO.

 From http://www.spamhaus.org/organization/dnsblusage.html

Use of the Spamhaus DNSBLs via DNS queries to our public DNSBL servers
is free of charge if you meet all three of the following criteria:

    1. Your use of the Spamhaus DNSBLs is non-commercial*, and
    2. Your email traffic is less than 80,000 SMTP connections per day, and
    3. Your DNSBL query volume is less than 320,000 queries per day.

The 3 condition are in and not in or ... and

  *Definition: "non-commercial use" is use for any purpose other than as
part or all of a product or service that is resold, or for use of which
a fee is charged. For example, using our DNSBLs in a commercial spam
filtering appliance that is then sold to others requires a data feed,
regardless of use volume. The same is true of commercial spam filtering
software and commercial spam filtering services.

So if you sold the service you have to pay "...regardless of use volume.
..."

> If you have a very big mailserver causing a flood of query to spamhaus
> you have to setup an agreement with them.

Not only. See above.

--
ing. Andrea Gelpi