[Kolab-devel] Kolab server 2.2 beta3 & Horde

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Wed Dec 12 14:31:49 CET 2007

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Gelpi Andrea <liste at gelpi.it> writes:

. . .

>> I saw that horde must be configured, but on www.kolab.org following the
>> instruction I can't log in.
>
> No, you don't need to configure anything. Horde on Kolab should be
> pretty much configured through the template system.

OK, but I can't Login. How can I debug it?

In kolab I created a user and I can send and receive mail using thunderbird, but
if I try to login in horde I got

Dec 12 14:11:19 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for user at test-x.it
[xxx.yyy.zzz.ttt] to Horde [pid 895 on line 146 of
"/data/kolab-server-2.2/var/kolab/www/horde/login.php"]

>> The first time I have to login as user manager but where can I found the
>> instruction?
>
> No, you should not log in as "manager" with Horde. If you wan't to
> administrate the Horde instance you should rather add one of your
> users as administrator in /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/config/conf.php
>
> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('manager', 'myuser at example.com');

OK, thanks.

>> I modified manually /kolab/var/kolab/horde/config/conf.php to change dn
>> example.com with mine. I add the pwd for nobody user that was set as dummy.
>
> You don't need to do that because at the end of conf.php is a stanza
> like this:
>
> if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/kolab.php')) {
>   require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/kolab.php');
> }
>
> This loads the kolab.php file in the same directory and this one is
> written via the template mechanism.

OK, now all is more clear to me.

--
ing. Andrea Gelpi