[Kolab-devel] Horde and multiple kolabs

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos skonstant at sgul.ac.uk
Wed Aug 8 12:39:25 CEST 2007

Le mardi 7 août 2007, Gunnar Wrobel a écrit :
> Hi Stéphane,
>
> Stéphane Konstantaropoulos <skonstant at sgul.ac.uk> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Our setup is made of two Kolab servers but one webmail. I'd like to keep
> > it transparent for users of the webmail and to maintain only one horde
> > setup.
> >
> > Is there any simple way that IMP can be directed to the Kolab server
> > mentioned in "kolabHomeServer"?
> >
> > I thought to use a Horde hook in which I'd do an LDAP lookup and set the
> > virtual host name to whatever can be matched in IMP config, this should
> > work but I was wondering if there'd be an easier way?
>
> I don't have much time left right now so I can only answer without
> actually looking at the code:
>
> In principle the Kolab module should be able to recognize the
> kolabHomeServer and use the corresponding IMAP server. I don't know if
> that feature has been disrupted by all the recent changes but I know
> there was something in there.
>
> In any case it would be good if that scenario would be supported (one
> web server, several Kolab hosts). So I'd be definitely interested in
> getting the necessary code written in a fashion that it finds it way
> into Horde. Maybe we can work on this together?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,

I had a look at the code in the CVS now and it looks like it's all in there:

in  framework/Kolab/Kolab.php getServer() checks a session variable set in
horde/config/hooks.php _horde_hook_preauthenticate() that does an ldap lookup
for kolabHomeServer.

The hook needs to be enabled and multidomain must be set in the horde config.

So it should work fine, good job indeed. Thanks for that.

--
Stéphane Konstantaropoulos -- Web Developer