[Kolab-devel] Client tests: please use full debugging mode

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 7 17:42:08 CEST 2007

For all those that help us testing the KDE Kolab Clients (aka KDE Kontact):

If you report problems please make sure
that you have  the debugging information build in and installed.
Even for production system we recommend to install with full debugging.
and possibly switch off some loglevels via kdebugdialog.
This will add some size to disc and memory, also speed will be a bit slower,
but should in a rare case the application crash, you have a lot more to
start your support on.

How to do this:
If you build the client yourself
this means using --enable-debug=full in the configure line.

If you access our kde35 enterprise packages for Debian Etch
(e.g. from http://apt.intevation.de/dists/etch/experimental/),
do not forget to install the package kdepim-dbg.
We will add kdepim as dependency to the meta-package there shortly.

Best Regards,
Bernhard