[Kolab-devel] Making perl-kolab a real library

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 3 10:24:41 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 17:22, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> The only change that I would like to request is to downgrade the
> perl-kolab version from 5.8.8 to the Kolab server version (currently
> 2.1.99). This might be too disruptive to the upgrade process though
> and there is definitely no other reason for this request besides the
> fact that I find it strange to have the version coupled to the perl
> version that is being installed.

I do not see a major problem in theory with this
as the version numbers are far apart.

I do believe that we might want to do snapshot, beta and other releases
in between so the development note:

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 16:31, cvs at kolab.org wrote:
> Once development picks up after a release, the version number should
> be switched to $(OLD_VERSION).99 e.g. 2.1.99. There'll be no changes
> of the version during development as there are no source packages
> being released.

is suboptimal.
Think about if we want to release Kolab Server 2.1.1, then a version
number like 2.1.99 is confusing.
So I suggest to change the version number to $(OLD_VERSION)-cvs and add a date
after this for a tarball, if possible.

Bernhard