[Kolab-devel] Build failure of Kolab 2.1.0 RC2 on Fedora 6

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Apr 25 13:40:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

Kolab 2.1.0 RC2 failed to build on Fedora 6. It fails when trying to compile
gcc after the initial openpkg bootstrap is installed. Attached is the entire
build log.

This is the relevant error message I found:
<---------[Line: 11290]----->
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.81155 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.81155 (%build)
obmtool:WARNING: install failure. Missing
/kolab/RPM/PKG/gcc-4.0.2-2.5.0.ix86-fedora6-kolab.rpm
<--------->

Is there a workaround available for this or am I looking in the wrong place
for the error?

BTW Fedora 6 runs GCC 4.1.1 and GLIBC 2.5.3.

I also think that it would be much easier to find errors if the obmtool died
after an install failure. For a novice installer it can be very confusing to
look at the entire log file.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC