[Kolab-devel] finely grained access to part of kolab : spam, virus, smtpdpolicy

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:01:41 CEST 2007

What about ?

You are sending an email FROM and TO a domain managed by the kolab server using
 - (1) a non authencated SMTP connection with the kolab server and
from outside of mynetwork
 - (2) or you used another SMTP relay (and when this other server
connect to the kolab server for delivery, problem (1) append)

On 4/18/07, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:
> "Alain Spineux" <aspineux at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I thing it should be interesting to disable separately some port of kolab.
> > With 2.1 it not possible to disable spamassassin without disabling
> > virus checking !
> > While Spam checking is optional, I thing Virus checking is essential
> > and in case of
> > problems (like heavy load) it should be possible do disable them separately.
> > I thing it was possible in 2.0 ? Wasn't ?
> >
> > Any comment ?
> >
> > Now about smtpdpolicy.
> > I read in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_smtpdpolicy :
> >
> > # 1) Only authenticated users can use sender <username>@$domain
> >
> > This is a good idea, but this collide with some habit people have. Like sending
> > email using its company's domain from home using ISP smtp !
> > The email will be accepted by the ISP and rejected by Kolab server !
> > But any email send to address <username>@$another_domain, will
> > be accepted and reach final destination without error.
> > This could confuse people (like I was) !
> >
> > Give the choice in the GUI console will draw the attention of the
> > administrator on
> > this possible problem !
> > A note about "554 <username>@$domain: Sender address rejected: Invalid sender"
> > in the documentation or the wiki will ne be too luxurious
>
> Hope this is understandable:
>
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Client_Troubleshooting_-_Mailing_problems
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>
> --
> ____ http://www.pardus.de _________________ http://gunnarwrobel.de _
>
>     >> Mail at ease - Rent a kolab groupware server at p at rdus <<
>
> p at rdus Kolab work is funded in part by KDAB and the Kolab Konsortium

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you