[Kolab-devel] CalDav reaches the standards track

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Apr 2 16:23:36 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 11:08, Stephan Buys wrote:
> CalDav reached the standards track on 20 March 2007. I propose that the
> Kolab project should seriously support CalDav via our Horde web interface.
> This will allow us to inter-operate with other standards-based clients as
> they mature/are released.

I am a Caldav sceptic, I think the protocoll will not solve the situation as
nicely as the combination of Kolab Server protocols with do it.
Any Free Software client should be free to implement caldav in addition,
but this would not be a major goal of Kolab I guess.

Interaction with other standard-based clients is possible via iCalender emails
and possibly freebusy lists. I do not think Caldav will give you much more
in practice.

Bernhard