[Kolab-devel] [issue1421] four conflicts for three calendar items?

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Sep 19 17:48:05 CEST 2006

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

I get four conflict dialogs on three calender items.

How I reproduced it:

User A (after 2.1.4 Debian Sarge ppc)  Revision 582972
User B (after 2.1.4 Debian Sarge ia32) Revision 584343
Manual syncs, dimap.

a) User A creates a subfolder of the default calendar,
type calendar and gives User B read-write access. Both sync
sufficiently often.

b) User B creates three events on one day, with the titles
   A, B, C
   and then syncs

c) User A syncs and sees all three events.
d) User A changes the title of all three events to
   something like  A x1, B x1, C x1, and enables alarms
   and syncs
e) User B changes the event titles to
   A y, B y, C y. And moves C one hour back
f) User B syncs to get the conflicts:

Observations: four numbered conflict windows pop up.
1. A y against A x1
2. B y against B x1
3. C y against C x1
4. A x against A x1 (looks the same as 1.)

I can only enter things on 4. now.
After pressing: use now,
I get another windows which looks like 3. or 2. (clicked too fast).

What is going on here?
Expected behaviour: Only three conflict windows.

assignedto: till
messages: 8476
nosy: bernhard, pradeepto, till
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: four conflicts for three calendar items?
topic: kde client