[Kolab-devel] Forum at eforum.de

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 15 19:16:49 CEST 2006

Andreas,

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 16:38, Andreas Micklei wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 5. September 2006 16:25 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> > In case you are wondering why the Kolab Support Forum is not seeing
> > seeing much care:
> >
> > The site needs a software update since a while and I could not reach
> > Olaf Boehm who ran the side in the past so far.
> > We have a problem with spam and my hope is that a new software version
> > will help to fight this. Of course more moderators would also help. ;)
> > I am still trying to reach Olaf and found out that he has left Lanner
> > GmbH. I spoke to someone there, so I am positive that we can clarify the
> > future of the forum at www.eforum.de soon.
> >
> > A great Thank You! at this point to Lanner GmbH and Olaf for running
> > the side for the project.
>
> How about closing the forum and putting a link to the mailingliste there?

we do link the mailinglists already, so it would be about removing the link.

> When I first stumbled across the forum I got the impression that kolab was
> a dead project. IMHO the forum in it's current form does more harm than
> good. Additionally the mailingliste is reasonably low traffic, so I don't
> see the need for a forum.

Some users reported that they will much more comfortable with a forum,
it has some advantages compared to a mailinglists regarding the possibilities
to organise topics, like moving threads.
On the other hand if I cannot reach Olaf and do not get answer from Lanner
as some point, I think that removing the link is something I will have to do.

There is one person that possibly could volunteer for being a moderator,
I could also publish a call for help on the users-list.

Thanks a lot for your feedback,
Bernhard