[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 beta 2 - Problem creating users

gelpi@corona.it corona at gelpi.it
Fri Oct 27 22:50:02 CEST 2006

Andrea Gelpi wrote:

>Hi,
>I have found this strange situation in Kolab 2.1 beta2.
>
>At the moment this kolab is empty. I run only kolab bottstrap.
>
>1) Using Kolab admin interface I created a user.
>2) After trying for a while to use Horde as web interface and having
>many problems I cannot solve, I decided to recreate the user. So From
>Kolab admin interface I deleted the user.
>
>3) After verifying the mailbox is gone, I try to recreate the same
>user, but nothing occurs. I cannot create the user any more for hours.
>
>After 2/3 hours I could recreate the user, but imap don't create the mailbox.
>in /kolab/var/imap/spool/domain/x/domainname/ nothin was written.
>
>How can I solve this situation?

The problem I found was generated by Horde 3.1.2.
Infact when the user login the first time horde create a folder called
"email's Address Book"
Where email is the full email address of the user. (ex.
"corona at gelpi.it's Address Book")
After that horde cannot access this folder anymore. It says that it has
no permission or the folder does not exist!

When I delete the user, cyrus does not delete that folder, and the user
information remain in mailbox.db so when I recreate the user the mailbox
was created only in mailbox.db.

I solve deleting the user and deleting any related infomation in cyrus
via cyradm.

Changing horde to 3.09 all works well now.

I think that should be great if Kolab can do some check on cyrus and
file system.

--
Gelpi ing. Andrea
It took the computing power of three C-64s to fly to the Moon.