[Kolab-devel] Find out what to recompile in OpenPKG

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 25 21:31:22 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 11:31, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
>  Because the versions Kolab Server uses
>
> > do not have management code for this (as far as I know) and OpenPKG
> > links statically.
> >
> > To find out which packages might depend, try:
> >
> > /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -q --whatrequires openldap

> > Setting those to @trigger instead of @install in
> > obmtool.conf, makes the recompilation easier.
>
> I asked Ralf S. Engelschall about this, he recommended using
> "openpkg build". It recursively determines package dependencies.
>
> Citing him:
> | For instance, if you want to see what packages have to be
> | rebuilt (and in which order) for a particular instance /foo if you
> | update package "bar", run "/foo/bin/openpkg build -g bar".

Thomas Lotterer also told me about build and that they integrated
some of the features just recently, I am I unsure how good they
work with OpenPKG on which Kolab Server 2.1 currently is based on.
In addition, trying this here, it wants a network connection
to get an index file.

Anyway: I am glad I have asked, better to have two methods
to do something than none.
;)

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)