[Kolab-devel] [issue1464] Kontact performance poor on NFS mounted directories

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Oct 25 15:43:36 CEST 2006

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at itsef.com>:

Based on the discussion on kolab-devel
(http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2006-October/006013.html and following):

When used in conjunction with NFS mounted home directories, Kontact (proko2 up
to at least 2.1.4) performs poorly, due to a large amount of small I/O
operations for both the DIMAP cache and the files located in
$HOME/.kde/share/config. This can lead to Kontact becoming totally unresponsive
while synchronising medium to large accounts with the server.

Apparently, the config I/O part has been improved in the newer KDE Kontacts
(someone mentioned 3.5.4), hence this issue in order to be able to prioritise
the potential backporting of those improvements.

messages: 8762
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: Kontact performance poor on NFS mounted directories
topic: kde client