[Kolab-devel] [issue1458] Password protected .sxw files can be banned by amavisd, as a result of the file command.

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Oct 17 17:06:49 CEST 2006

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Kolab Server 2.1beta1 (assumed to be in beta2 and HEAD as well):

In openoffice.org writer you can save a document with
password protection. This will encrypt files
like  settings.xml and style.xml.
Kolab Servers'  /kolab/bin/file might classify them
as  COM executable for MS-DOS and thus amavisd will ban them.

Kolab Server currently comes with file 4.15, but 4.17
shows the same behaviour.
Debian Sarge has 4.12 which does not detect the file as COM executable.

Possible solution:
Add a pattern for file that will recognise those encrypted OOo files.

I have no public document to reproduce this,
but I guess there is a chance to produce such documents
when creating many .sxw documents.

assignedto: bernhard
messages: 8664
nosy: bernhard, steffen
priority: critical
status: unread
title: Password protected .sxw files can be banned by amavisd, as a result of the file command.
topic: kkc, server