[Kolab-devel] SPL for Kolab Webinterface

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 16 21:03:46 CEST 2006

Op maandag 16 oktober 2006 08:21, schreef Raphael Langerhorst:
> > I am interested to know about your estimations.
> > The Kolab-Konsortium is seeking funding itself for several nice
> > improvements to the solution, but we also talk to people that possibly
> > might have funding for a websolution.
>
> Estimations are always tricky, but we expect to be able to create a useable
> webinterface until end of the year with a budget of 4000 EUR. Please note
> that it will only have primitive mail support (at least at the beginning,
> it can always be improved later).

I still find this strange, as people on this have stated, in the last months
only, that with some weeks effort horde will work might work well with kolab.
Why not go that route and fix the kolab-horde interface.  Once that is done,
all the nice horde goodies (e.g. a webinterface for pda's) are automatically
available to kolab, being much more than mail support alone.  At the same
maintainance of this code is automatically obtained from the horde community.

> I personally think that the web interface will then still require some more
> months of community work for bug fixing and working out rough edges. But
> the "bulk" work could be done within that budget.

See above...

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless