[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 on x86_64?

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Oct 13 15:12:36 CEST 2006

Hi guys.

(originally sent to kolab-users, but it might fit better in here)

Have any of you run Kolab on an Opteron box? I finally have one to try
this out on, and it did of course not work right away.

The problem is the db-4.3.29.0-2.5.0. It doesn't detect x86_64 as an x86
machine, so the locking code is broken. I have attached a small patch
that lets x86_64 use the same locking code as 32bit x86. So far it
seems to work, and I believe that the LOCK instruction should be just
as fine on 64bit as on 32bit.

Can anyone with sufficient assembler skillz confirm this :-)

thanks.
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se